Tuesday 16 August 2011

A Starting Point

I did a few of Shimelle's challenges this weekend and I'll probably spend the week posting them randomly as I finish them. The challenges will be on the blog forever (or until the interweb dies) but you can join in for prize opportunities until Sunday 21st Aug.

First for the week.... A starting point. I wanted to walk through my process for this too... just out of interest.

So this was my starting point:


From there, I chose my photo's to complement the colours I'd used

I used a piece of patterned paper to mat my photo so they didn't fade into the background...
Then started playing around with embellies, papers scraps, borders and journalling cards...

And this is what it became.

It's quite a bit lighter and airy than my usual style, but I'm chuffed to bits with the result :)

2 comments:

Claire said...

Gorgeous page Jenny.
C
xx

vixen said...

Fantastic take on Shimelle's challenge :)