Sunday 23 October 2011

My Pretty Purple Shoes

Wow, October is flying by! 

I've been wanting to join in with Julie's purple phase over at Notes on Paper, but I don't own any purple paper would you believe, in over 300 sheets of paper not one in purple!

However, I do own a pair of purple shoes and some purple paint. And I had fortuitously ordered some of the KI Memories calender papers which included a purple one! So this weekend, I've had my own little scrapfest which included creating this.


The tag was made with distress inks and water and the paper is Crate Paper from the portrait collection. The purple letter stickers are by Jillibean Soup and a lick of purple paint followed by a coat of Glossy Accents and the other alphas are AC thickers.

I have blogged these shoes as a LO before, in July 2010 -----> HERE for said LO. I've never been all that keen on it if I'm honest, great experiment, not so great LO. So, I guess this is the remake!

I'll be back later in the week with more details of my Scrapfest!

4 comments:

Julie Kirk said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for playing along! Lovely the brown works so well with the purple and the title looks great.

I've pinned it to the board now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/purple-phase/

Thanks again, I'm so pleased you're enjoying the purple-posts.

Julie :-)

p.s: regarding your blog comment a few days ago - yes, I do believe there's a certain stretch of river between us!

Carmen said...

This is just lovely - love all that stitching around the edge.

Amy Kingsford said...

I love this layout the gradient effect on that tag is such a great detail and it makes your photo really pop! I see I've met a fellow shoe enthusiast ;)

Scrappi Sandi said...

Just stopped by from Amy's class!! Love the purple shoe LO! But then I just love shoes...full stop! The tag is just stunning! I especially love your use of mixed fonts in the title...absolutely a LO to be pleased with!! I'm off to follow that link & see what the first LO was like...you'd think I'd have done that first wouldn't you?!!! :)